[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Quality control of tables

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 12:21:48 +0200

On Thu, 2009-07-02 at 04:23 -0500, John J. Boyer wrote:
> To use 5 hexidecimal digits you need the \y escape sequence. The \z escape
> sequence requires 8 hexidecimal digits. These restrictions were made so
> that the code would know where the hexadecimal number ended.

Ah, I see. Thanks John. In that case I guess we should fix the
documentation where is says that you can use \xhhhhh for 5-digit
characters and \xhhhhhhhh for a full 32-bit value. So in essence you are
saying that if you compile for 32 bit you can use character codes using
\y and \z? I can fix that part in the manual if you want me to.

Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired