[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Python bindings for liblouisutdml

  • From: "Michael Whapples" <mwhapples@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 12:46:17 -0000

Hello,
I have discussed this with John on the BrailleBlaster list.

We have agreed that keeping bindings separate is best, for the reason you give.

I have offered to work on them, having written the liblouisxml bindings it shouldn't be hard. I would either use ctypes (as used for the liblouis bindings) or cython (as I used for the liblouisxml bindings), do others have skills in one or the other which may mean using one or the other might make more sense. My only restriction is that I am slightly busy until early April and so will not guarantee any completion date until after the beginning of April. If I were to write them then I have proposed using the Apache 2.0 license. I struggle with the GPL and LGPL and so refuse to use those licesnes.

Michael Whapples

-----Original Message----- From: Christian Egli
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 9:43 AM
To: John J. Boyer
Cc: liblouis-liblouisxml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Python bindings for liblouisutdml

"John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

It would be nice if we had Python bindings for liblouisutdml.

You could use the bindings in liblouisxml as a starting point or you
could probably generate bindings fairly easily using an interface
generator such as SWIG (www.swig.org).

Its bindings could include the Python bindings for liblouis.

I'd keep the bindings separate as there are users which use just the
liblouis bindings and we do not want to have more duplication.

Jetzt kostenlos eidgenoessische und kantonale Abstimmungsunterlagen aus 17 Kantonen
zum Hoeren auf CD abonnieren: medienverlag@xxxxxx