[liblouis-liblouisxml] Re: Python bindings for liblouisutdml

  • From: Christian Egli <christian.egli@xxxxxx>
  • To: "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 16:27:51 +0100

"John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The bindings for Java already exist. I don't think anything that could
> be generated would ever replace them.

I know we have bindings for Java and Python. With the recent discussion
about test harnesses it occured to me that we do not have bindings for
e.g. Perl. The theory behind swig is that you need to maintain one
interface definition and swig would take care of the rest. For a lot of
languages. A very long time ago I used SWIG to create tcl bindings for a
C library. It worked quite well. At the moment this is not a pressing
issue. But it would reduce some duplication.

Jetzt kostenlos eidgenoessische und kantonale Abstimmungsunterlagen aus 17
Kantonen
zum Hoeren auf CD abonnieren: medienverlag@xxxxxx