[lektrik_flyers] flying Saturday

  • From: Bill Beavers <bill.beavers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 13:56:55 -0500

Well Spring is ALMOST here, and as usual the itch is getting stronger to
try to get some flying in.  So we are going to make an attempt at Saturday
at the Centeniel Bank  soccer fields over on Dave Ward Drive in Conway.
 John or I will be there right around 9am or a little after (maybe before
if we can drag ourselves out of bed).

In case there is soccer going on, our back up plan will be the field over
by Bob Courtway Elementary (Middle School?) over on Siebenmorgan by the
Freyaldenhoven greenhouses.

The winds are going to kick up in the afternoon to about 10mph, but even
then flying might still be doable.  The winds will diminish in the late
afternoon, but hard to say just how much and how fast.

But bring a chair, come on out and enjoy the sunshine and weather with us
and we can catch up on what everybody has ready to fly.  Later in the week
since it is Spring Break, if the temperatures hold, the rain leaves out (it
is supposed to rain and be cooler on Monday and Tuesday), we may shoot for
another day during that week to get some more time in, or even approaching
the weekend.

Hope to see you there in the morning.

--

Bill Beavers