[lektrik_flyers] flying Saturday

  • From: Bill Beavers <bill.beavers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 15:50:22 -0500

Boy it heated up faster today than I thought it would, but I ended up
staying until about 2pm so I guess it wasn't that bad.  It was great to see
everybody today.  John got his usual high (literally) today on the Gentle
Lady, Chris 3D'd all over the place then he and I had a crashing contest (I
guess I won) him dinging up his new Cub and me taking the nose off the
Apprentice (AGAIN)!  But it is all good and repairable, so really good day.

Goose got to blame everybody and everything on his way to learning to
master the real world of his slow stick instead of the simulator faux fly
sense of security he gets from what Chris terms the "red button" world of
flying.  But if his Papa can keep repairing and he keeps trying, I am sure
he will get it.  I see better flights every time he tries.  Stick time will
fix all that.

Don Hood joined us and did some 3d and good o' flying and Ken Boling had
some 3d  and bipe action going on.  Toward the end of the morning after
just about everybody but John, Goose and I had left, Tray and his son came
out and we got to see some of his very nice skill in 3d and in heli flight.
 I hope to learn some heli tips from him.  Might have to dig out my 450
heli and dust of that Trex 500 that has been on my shelf and only touched
by Kenny Wood <grin>.

Tray and I talked for a good while and I think all of us are just really
wanting to keep the enthusiasm in the sport and help each other grow where
we want to in the hobby.  Right now my growth involves more glue, but I am
sure I can keep the weight down.  I did get the Eagle to fly today and
almost have the CG figured out, but now it needs a nose job too, but
nothing a dab of glue won't fix.

Anyway I'll put some videos up as soon as I can, and more importantly than
anything, it was just great to get to hang with all you guys today.   I
think some are going to fly some tomorrow evening at Beaverfork.  If I can
get a few batteries recharged, I might run down there and fly with you
guys.

See you in the air.

--

Bill Beavers