[lektrik_flyers] flying Saturday

  • From: Bill Beavers <bbeavers57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lekrik Flyers List <lektrik_flyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 07:03:00 -0700 (PDT)

Well, Brandon and I are trying to wanting to get out Saturday morning and do some foamie flying while it is cool enough.  If the Conway guys won't mind, we thought we'd head out to Arka Valley (North of Conway and East on Hwy 287 for about 4 miles).  The turn is on the right and there should be an Arka Valley Airpark sign.

Link: <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Greenbrier,+AR&ie=UTF8&ll=35.179965,-92.333736&spn=0.008489,0.015578&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=35.182439,-92.33288&panoid=7ArnaxQSqCjdN9JUNKdnog>

We plan to shoot for an 8:30am to 9 am start time to beat the heat.  Maybe also the winds will be favorable.  If you need any help getting out there, you can give me a call on my cell phone at 501.336.5971.  We plan to just fly on the cauldesac for take offs and landings.  Hopefully there won't be any cars parked there.  We'll park in the grass nearby.  Hope we see some of you out there.

If for some reason this site poses a problem, our backup site is the soccer field out on Dave Ward drive out passed the new Wal-Mart in Conway (Arkasas First State Bank Soccer Complex).  I DO think that Arka Valley will be the best place though unless we don't have a place to take off and land our planes (their not to great in grass you know) ;-)

See you here, there or in the air!

Bill Beavers