[LRflex] Re: Using R lenses on digital bodies...

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 06:32:03 -0800 (PST)

Hello Herman,
   I hope I didn't offend you by taking your statement about the EOS exif issue
out of context. When I read your post that day, the Sun, the Moon, & the Stars
were probably aligned just right for my frustrations to pop up along with the
words and analogies to express them in a cogent manner. As a 'Fig Leaf' I did
try to point my comments to the 'Internet' et al and the Lens Adapting
Community speaking upon it. :-)
   I also have an interesting observation regarding EOS cameras and the
'Software' issue which mucks up the metering and exposure systems when using
adapted lenses. It regards 'Hacking' the software in the cameras to get it to
behave as desired. I recall that when the 5DmkII was introduced, there was a
huge ground swell of frustration from 'cinematic?' users regarding the
arbitrary limitations canon had placed on how it behaved in movie mode. My
understanding is this collective 'group' of users sought out programmers and
did they did come up with some software fixes to get around Canon's choices in
the matter. So there is at least the potential to 'fix' this the EOS metering
issue.
   I AM NOT a programmer and have essentially no skills or talents to base
learning to be a programmer upon, so I am definitely not volunteering to make
the hacks! Hopefully this idea might provide some help to discovering was to
remove the 'EOS' Adapting Issue.
Richard

From: Herman Kempers <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

and Richard; I agree with all your points, but there was a question.  I only
answered that it was because  the lack of EXIF.

(when it's getting dark, it's probally sunset. If you want to keep on reading,
turn on the lights...)

best to all

herman