[LRflex] Using R lenses on digital bodies...

  • From: Steve Barbour <steve.barbour@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LRF reflex <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 08:27:46 -0800

There has been  lot of discussion about this topic here. I am currently using
Leitax conversion of R lenses to enable their use on my Nikon D700. I've been
very happy with this solution.

A friend asked about use of R glass on the Canon 5D, with an adapter, so that
he can use the lenses on a ff digital body and also readily use them on an R8
film body...

My recollection is that works fine if the lens aperture is wide open, but as
you decrease the aperture the in camera light meter progressively over-exposes
the image.

I wonder if someone is using this approach and/or recalls the details. Is there
a way to avoid or correct for this?  Do the more recent Canon digital bodies
avoid this over exposure problem... ?

Do you know if there is a software fix for this metering problem?

I'd be very interested in your input to understand, avoid, resolve this issue...

many thanks,

Steve------