[LRflex] Re: Using R lenses on digital bodies...- programmed chip

  • From: "Aram Langhans" <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 07:43:02 -0800

Hi Herman.

As far as I can see, this is the instructions to program the chip for a
particular lens and will not do anything to correct the exposure problem
while actually using that lens.

Related, has anyone tried to program their particular chip to the actual max
aperture of their lens?  If I try that, I get an incorrect exposure wide
open.  Example.  I have the 180/4, so I programmed my adapter as such.  But
when I put the lens on the camera, and shoot wide open at f-4, my pictures
are very overexposed.  I reprogrammed the adapter for f-2 - the Canon
default, and when I shoot wide open at f-4 the pictures are properly
exposed.

No matter what lens I use, I must have the adapter set to f-2.0 for the
exposure to work.  I have 3 different chipped adapters from three different
companies and they all work at f-2.0 no matter what lens is attached.

Strange????

Aram