[LRflex] Re: Table-top Macro Work.

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 22:34:58 EST

OK,
This type of extreme magnification calls for extremely high shutter speeds
for image stability.

If I remember correctly, the 25mm Photar is capable of 32X magnification.

What you'll need is a set of sync'd strobes, (2) 285 Vivitars should do since
they already have the Vari-power circuitry built in to their removable
sensors. Anyway, set the sensors for 1/4 power and use a good flash meter to
take an
incident reading as close to the subject as is practicable. Then pre-focus
the camera, make sure the room is relatively dark and turn out the lights, have
the R3 set for bulb exposure and fire the strobes. at 1/4 power, I think that
the light should only be available as a flash for about 1/6,000 sec or so.
That should do it.

I did something similar a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. Anyway it
worked! It took a few tries to get it all sorted out but it was awesome. Some
Nikon strobes on low power settings flash at about 1/25,000 sec.

Just a thought,

Art Tafil
natstek@xxxxxxx