[LRflex] Re: Something somewhat different

  • From: David Simms <simmszee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 10:13:12 -0800 (PST)

I am a film guy and I use a little P&S Fuji thing for "utility" images.
Actually, I find that digital has taken a bit of pressure off my use of film;
it's handy, quick and it enables me to take those images in which I have
virtually no emotional investment.
I have a good friend, an avid photographer, who is exclusively "film". He has
stockpiled a bunch of film and paper, in his freezer because he's somewhat
concerned about how things are going.
Personally, I think that there'll always be a place for film but, some of the
less popular lines (like Agfa 25, unfortunately) will fall to the wayside. Our
films of choice may not be available as widely as they once were but they will
probably be available somewhere. Now, I'm ten rolls ahead...they're all sitting
in the freezer and I won't be without.
Dave