[LRflex] Re: Something somewhat different

  • From: Walter Kramer <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 21:27:34 +1100

I concur,

I recently purchased a very nice M6 in perfect working order and had my R7 CLA'd so I won't be passing on 35mm for a while. I shoot both digital and film. I get my negs processed and scanned locally, the scans are lowish resolution probably OK for medium size prints. If I want better, I scan the negs myself at higher resolution. The processing seems OK but I have nothing to compare with and I don't yet develop my own.

I think the B&W processing I am getting is fine at the moment but expensive, however C41 colour negatives are simply run through a Fuji frontier machine and are comparatively inexpensive. As to the quality, like I said I have nothing with which to compare. This is because I was late coming to photography and my first SLR was a digital purchased just 3 years ago before my 50th birthday ... and then I discovered B&W film for the first time.

Walter

Miguel Asensio wrote:
I plan to stick with film for a long, long time. Within the past two years, I've built up two complete film systems (rangefinder and medium format) and got a dedicated film scanner. I'm now about to do the same with a Leica R9-based setup. Film fits my needs very well and I'm shooting a lot of it.

Miguel Asensio
--

Walter Krämer
walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx