[LRflex] Re: R10 fantasy

  • From: Bob Shaw <rsphotoimages@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:52:41 -0700

I have to agree with Aram.
I've take one shot at 4000.   That was a year ago.  Turns out it would
have been fine at 1000.

Let's not forget simple integration with the existing R8/9 Motor Drive
for film shoots.  I really like this motor drive and charger system.

As a matter of fact, anyone who I can get to stand still for 45 seconds
has heard me hit hard on the uniique Manual Wind Film/Motor Drive
Film/Digital Back capabilites of the R8 and 9

On close examination, I cant see why the camera base of the 8 and 9
could not be duplicated to accept thge existing motor drive for fast
film advance.  I my narrow-minded view, with this concept Leica are
well on their way to the Modular Camera this forum has been positing.

Oh, and David; yes I will be sending my response to the survey.

Bob in Seattle.

On Oct 20, 2006, at 18:44, Aram Langhans wrote:

My thinking exactly.  The components that will be improved quickly
(sensor/other taking hardware) that can be swapped at a relatively low
cost
would be a reall selling point.  The bellls and whistles of the camear
world
are not needed.  In the past, a good camera was a good camera for the
life
of the camera.  The improvements came when new film was made.  That
improved
the picture taking capabilities of the camera.  What else is there to be
added to a camera?  We already have very sophisticated and accurate
metering.  Who needs shutters faster than 1/8000s?  I have never gone
past
1/1000 on my R8.  The real improvements will be made in sensor and
electronics, as it was in film before.  Upgrading film was real cheap.
Didn't have to scrap the camera to take full advantage of the new film
So,
why not a digital with this capability (albeit more expensive)?
Aram