[LRflex] Re: R10 fantasy

  • From: Andy Wagner <yxandy2001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:00:11 -0700 (PDT)

And this system would come in at under $5,000 :-) Seriously Doug the one thing
I have to agree with is modular shutter capture module--Part of the thing that
irks the hell out of me is the way Canon introduces a new body every three to
six months and right behind is Nikon to compete along with them. Part of the
thing I like about the DMR is not having to buy an entire new body. (Sorry I'm
a pack rat still have my original "Standard") I know that eventually I'll have
to upgrade, but I still love the feel of the SL and Std.
"telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Here's one way Leica could
shake up the market: a modular R10

Suppose they could make a R8-sized (or smaller=3F) modular body - modules
to include viewing system/metering module, upgradeable shutter/capture
module, expandable buffer, shutter cocking module=2E

The viewing/metering options could include an SL-quality viewfinder
module w/ simple metering options, a focus-confirmation module with
multiple metering options, and an (upgradeable) AF module for those who
prefer this option; the shutter cocking modules could be a simple 2 fps
winder and faster 4- or 6-fps motors for those who need it, and the
upgradeable shutter/capture module doesn't need much explanation=2E

The lens mount would be the basic ROM R-bayonet with additional AF
contacts on the AF viewing module; AF motors are in the AF lenses; AF
and MF lenses would fit on any of the viewing modules=2E whaddya think=3F=

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www=2Ewildlightphoto=2Ecom

Regards