[LRflex] Re: New photos

  • From: Juan Gea-Banacloche <banacloj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 09:00:08 -0400

Hi, Philippe
Thanks for using film!
I have been taking pictures of flowers lately, and yours are good. In
your gallery, I wish I had taken the last three. For the last one
with the storks, I am sure I would have straightened the horizon
after scanning, but the way you have it (slightly slanted) makes it
look more dynamic.
Flowers are easy because of the colors, but tough because one
frequently has back backgrounds, camera shake, too much depth of
field, too little depth of field or something wrong with the flower
one did not see when taking the picture. (Of course, with film, by
the time you discover any of these problems, the flowers are long
gone...). The ones you show are free of these problems. Congratulations!
Are you happy with the Velvia scans?
Juan