[LRflex] Re: IMG old lyme...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:24:04 -0700

On Jan 17, 2008, at 8:06 AM, <chfalke@xxxxxxx> <chfalke@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jan 17, 2008, at 6:45 AM, <chfalke@xxxxxxx> <chfalke@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  Back to the photos, Other than the different chemistry, how do
you find BW400CN compared to something like Tri-X?

I like it... easy, convenient, nice tones, digital ice...etc...what do
you think?

Steve

Steve,
    The gradation and sense of light are perfectly gorgeous.  It's
hard enough to get BW processed at all these days, away
from cities, and a lot of it isn't that good, so that's a significant
practical benefit.  What I was wondering was what the grain
looked like in a larger print. That is harder to evaluate in a small
on screen image.

thank you... C41... digital ice works... can be done wherever they do Color C41...and grain...very little at all...

much less than classic bw silver processing...

but you can always add it..

:-)

Steve

Cheers,