[LRflex] Re: IMG old lyme...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 06:10:27 -0700

On Jan 17, 2008, at 4:05 AM, Charlie Falke wrote:

Steve Barbour wrote:

On Jan 16, 2008, at 11:01 AM, <chfalke@xxxxxxx> <chfalke@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Steve,
    It's in Arizona, too.  Not as many, 10 cases in 2006 as
opposed to several thousand each in eastern states.
   The CDC site is very informative but can be depressing.

actually no cases of lyme disease contracted here in Arizona...

the CDC cites cases reported here, even though all were investigated, and all came from endemic areas elsewhere...

Steve

Steve,
   Good news for Arizona, Thanks.  Did you see from the case map
how many states are endemic?

yes I did... the dots on the map however refer to cases diagnosed in those places, without implying that the case was/was not actually contracted there...

so as I said, and Arizona is an extreme example... cases were diagnosed here, though none were actually contracted here...Steve

--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein