[LRflex] Re: IMG old lyme...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:24:24 -0700

On Jan 16, 2008, at 8:14 AM, Philippe AMARD wrote:

Thanks Charlie,

I was just unsure as there may be more than one place called Lyme in the USA.

that's the place..also as a result it was studied at Yale...there in Connecticut

Some people in Steve's graves photos may have died of it long before it even got a name, who knows?

possible, not very likely...and back then there were commonly far more lethal infections...

So Steve, and I know you know, but please carefully check yourself and Tilka for ticks when you go there for a stroll.

yes,  for sure...

sometime we need to have a   "tick talk..."

;-)

we have ticks in Arizona, but so far no lyme...as the ticks here don't carry the "right" spirochaete...

Borrelia burgdorferei...

Going back to it, my favourite is n°2 for its well mastered nbokeh and constrast between the stone and the background

thank you, Steve

Phx

chfalke@xxxxxxx wrote:
Phil,
    Yes, the disease is named after the place because a number
of early cases were reported there and nearby.   One researcher
has it originating in the midwest still earlier. It's in most states in
the US now, but mostly around the Great Lakes and the
Northeast Coast.  Google "CDC Lyme" and it has more stuff than
you might ever care to know.  Glad your ex and mom got over it,
it's a wierd thing to treat by all accounts.
Charlie.

---- Philippe AMARD <philippe.amard@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Stve,

I like the shots and their atmosphere.

I was also wondering if Old Lyme is the place after which the disease
was named.
We've had a lot round here over the last decades.
Both my former wife and my mother got infected, but have now fortunately
been cured.

phx

Steve Barbour wrote:

Philippe and Walt inspired me...
so....

three images from the cemetary in Old Lyme, Connecticut,

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/paw2008/lymecemy.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/paw2008/lyme2.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/paw2008/lyme3.jpg.html

M6   Summicron 35 f2  pre ASPH(4)   BW400CN....

a fascinating old place,

your comments appreciated,

Steve