[LRflex] I finally got a olympus 35 macro, quizz anyone ?

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:36:15 +0100

Good Day Flexers.

After a long story with the French Customs, to make it short, I received my
sample (Guenuine Olympus, made in China) of the macro 35 by Olympus.

It makes the Digilux 3 heavier than the lens! Usually the standard Leica Lens
is hefty although stabilized.

The Digilux tends to hunt a little for the focus with subject of poor contrast,
a novelty for me since usually with the Laica Vario, it's spot on all the time.

If you buy and assimilate David Yound DVDs, you will grunt at me now:

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/L1080002_dev.jpg

Quizz: why this portrait of Ayda is almost but not quite good? Hint, the
picture is taken at f3.5 (full aperture) at quite close distance.

Now, another take, this time, using the Manual Focus, the live view with the
enlarged focus window and a tripod  (f10), the object is 40mm (1 3/4 inch
roughly) and I did not use the full magnification offered by the lens (1:1)  :

http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/L1070989_dev.jpg

The lens is rather nice to use, I bought it second hand, quite affordable.

Have a nice day.