[LRflex] Re: I finally got a olympus 35 macro, quizz anyone ?

  • From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:53:31 +0100

Le 20 janv. 11 à 09:36, Bille Xavier F. a écrit :

> Good Day Flexers.
>
> After a long story with the French Customs, to make it short, I
> received my sample (Guenuine Olympus, made in China) of the macro 35
> by Olympus.
>
> It makes the Digilux 3 heavier than the lens! Usually the standard
> Leica Lens is hefty although stabilized.
>
> The Digilux tends to hunt a little for the focus with subject of
> poor contrast, a novelty for me since usually with the Laica Vario,
> it's spot on all the time.

Nice buy Xavier - a very good performer for the price, and even better
if you got it SH ;-)

> If you buy and assimilate David Yound DVDs, you will grunt at me now:
>
> http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/L1080002_dev.jpg
>
> Quizz: why this portrait of Ayda is almost but not quite good? Hint,
> the picture is taken at f3.5 (full aperture) at quite close distance.

Wrong focus?  2/3 rule , focussing on the other eye would have blurred
the skin on the nose and brought more impact to the viewer?
Blacks are somewhat blocked too IMHO
Lovely model and pose BTW
Keep shooting and posting :-)

> Now, another take, this time, using the Manual Focus, the live view
> with the enlarged focus window and a tripod  (f10), the object is
> 40mm (1 3/4 inch roughly) and I did not use the full magnification
> offered by the lens (1:1)  :
>
> http://xavierf.b.free.fr/Temp/L1070989_dev.jpg

An aside: You're not 50 so far as I know Xavier, Jacques Segala might
be jealous ;-)

Nice rendition anyway.

> The lens is rather nice to use, I bought it second hand, quite
> affordable.

Enjoy !
Ph