[LRflex] Re: Fast, sharp Leica R prime lenses to use with Canon digital

  • From: Colin McGuire <galwaycolin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 19:53:35 -0400

Hello again. Please see my previous comments below. I would love to hear your
thoughts...

I also wanted to add this note: I just searched Ebay and found a 'SUMMILUX-R
50mm 1.4 Lens R4'. Is there a later version of this lens before the current
model (following lthe suggestions of Michiel Fokkem, i.e. buying the models
just before the latest)?

Also, does anybody know of a resource on the web for establishing average used
values for Leica lenses, so I can have an idea of how much I should bid for
this lens -if I decide to persue it? Bidding on this lens is currently at aprox
US$500.

Thanx again!

From: kididdoc@xxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] Re: Fast, sharp Leica R prime lenses to use with Canon digital
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 12:55:17 -0700
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Apr 4, 2009, at 12:48 PM, Colin McGuire wrote:

Hi. I am a Canon digital SLR user but am interested in buying some Leica R
lenses to use with my Canon 5D Mark II.  I like to use fast lenses and shoot a
lot at wider apertures (f1.4- f2) to achieve a nice 'selective focus' look. I
just purchased a Leica R to Canon EOS adaptor on Ebay. I am searching for Leica
prime lenses (in the 28mm -100mm focal length range) that are sharp at wider
apertures (i.e. f1.4- f2) and that have beautiful bokeh. -Got any suggestions?
Thanks in advance! Galwaycolin. Email: galwaycolin@xxxxxxxxxxx

the Summilux 80mm  f 1.4 comes to my mind first...and welcome,  Steve