[LRflex] Re: Fast, sharp Leica R prime lenses to use with Canon digital

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 12:55:17 -0700

On Apr 4, 2009, at 12:48 PM, Colin McGuire wrote:

Hi. I am a Canon digital SLR user but am interested in buying some Leica R lenses to use with my Canon 5D Mark II. I like to use fast lenses and shoot a lot at wider apertures (f1.4- f2) to achieve a nice 'selective focus' look. I just purchased a Leica R to Canon EOS adaptor on Ebay. I am searching for Leica prime lenses (in the 28mm -100mm focal length range) that are sharp at wider apertures (i.e. f1.4- f2) and that have beautiful bokeh. -Got any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Galwaycolin. Email: galwaycolin@xxxxxxxxxxx

the Summilux 80mm  f 1.4 comes to my mind first...and welcome,  Steve