[LRflex] Re: Fast, sharp Leica R prime lenses to use with Canon digital

  • From: Michiel Fokkema <michiel.fokkema@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 22:01:55 +0200

What's your budget?
The latest lenses are the best but the most expensive too.
I use the models just before the latest. On my canon I use a 50/1.4, 60/2.8 and 90/2 very frequently. I've changed the focusing screen to the type that is better for manual focusing. I also use an adapter with a chip which gives me focus confirmation and spot metering.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Colin McGuire wrote:

Hi. I am a Canon digital SLR user but am interested in buying some Leica R lenses to use with my Canon 5D Mark II. I like to use fast lenses and shoot a lot at wider apertures (f1.4- f2) to achieve a nice 'selective focus' look. I just purchased a Leica R to Canon EOS adaptor on Ebay. I am searching for Leica prime lenses (in the 28mm -100mm focal length range) that are sharp at wider apertures (i.e. f1.4- f2) and that have beautiful bokeh. -Got any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Galwaycolin. Email: galwaycolin@xxxxxxxxxxx