[LRflex] Re: Elmarit vs. Nikkor Part Deaux

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 20:37:30 EDT

Alex,

If you can, get a Nikkor 50mm f/2 lens, it's pretty much approaching
unbelievable. I think that nearly every camera manufacturer's 50mm f/2 lenses
were
phenominal. The optical formulas are pretty much optimized.

I don't even own a 50mm f/1.4 because none of them are as sharp as ny f/2's
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8's are also excellent performers.

For a real experience, get a 65mm f/3.5 elmar in Viso configuration, mount it
on an "M" bellows II and then on to either an R body or a Canon digital body
with the proper adapter (a 14167, M-to-R) & an aftermarket R-to-EOS adapter. I
have a custom adapter that uses T-Mount flanges at the body side, so I can
mount Leica Viso & M, lens heads on a bellows II and then put the rig on pretty
much any camera ever made that has a T-Mount available for it. The 65mm
"macro" elmar is nothing short of phenominal at any aperture. I regularly use
this
on my Nikon F-5, F-4, F-100, F-3, F2AS, etc. I use step-up rings to get up to
about 52mm on the lens front threads so that I can mount my SB29 Macro flash or
an older DX8R Sunpak TTL flash on the lens/body combo. With the F-100-to-F-5
combos, I have the advantage of Nikon's wonderful Matrix-Balanced Flash and
Leica's glass, a thoroughly unbeatable combo!

Art tafil