[LRflex] Re: Elmarit vs. Nikkor Part Deaux

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 06:09:04 -0400

NATSTEK@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Charlie,
>
> Naw, that's what silent-wave autofocus motors are for. You don't even have to
> touch the lens except to zoom. I've reached the age where even Nikon & Leica
> (aka Panasonic Lumix), Pro-sumer point & shoots are getting pretty great,
> there you only have buttons to push! Ain't technology grand? That is when it
> works
> right! My Digilux 1 & possibly a Digilux 2 & my Nikon Coolpix 8700 are really
> getting a workout. The results are nothing to sneeze at either AND I can buy
> a lot of these cameras for what a good R8~R9 & a Digital Back for either one
> will cost.
>
> Of course I can't use my Leica SLR Lenses there but..........
>
> Art Tafil

Art,
   This is true, but we were discussing just such antiques. :-)
--
Charlie Falke                                         _____      /\
"One test result is worth                        |    |/        `o
  one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun   0  N4003M
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein