[LRflex] Re: Breaking rumor - Sigma

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 14:51:05 -0400

Good Points Frank,

I do wonder though how many Medium Format Sensor Cameras that can, in potentia,
be sold?

Wasn't a driving force behind there being a "full" range of MF Models, Makers,
and Price Points, the 'necessity' of using 120/220 sized film in order to
facilitate retouching of photographs? That the 'Aesthetics' of Medium Format
wasn't the singular driving force for their usage for portraits, weddings, and
Such?

With MF Equipment now being either a Print Size Neccessity or an Aesthetics
Choice rather than a 'price of admission' to give clients a minimum standard of
Photogenic Improvement - I really wonder how many Hasselblad, Pentax, Leica,
Nikon?, and Canon?,  Big Sensored Cameras can be sold in aggregate in any given
year.  10,000? 50,000? A Million?

Richard in Michigan