[LRflex] Re: Breaking rumor - Sigma

  • From: "Neil Gould" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 07:35:32 -0400

Hi all,
First, my apologies for the bad edit on one of my posts yesterday... I hit
'send' too soon!

I am in agreement with all of you with regard to the issues facing the SD-1
in the marketplace. I mainly wanted to suggest that final image quality from
digital cameras is not simply a matter of sensor size or the number of
sites. If that were so, the DMR would have long ago been surpassed by more
modern sensors. If it was a matter of lens quality, then images from the
hybrids would consistently surpass those from the DMR. Since neither is the
case, other factors probably outweigh these aspects. In the end, this
discussion motivated me to take the R5 out for a walk yesterday, so, at
least it has been good for me!  ;-)

--
best regards,

Neil