[lcfbtech] Re: Question about PC Security

  • From: Scott Blanks <scott.blanks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lcfbtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 08:17:44 -0700

Hi Lori,

My gut reaction is to say that you are in the clear. Having received a
clean bill of health from both Security Essentials and Malware Bites,
I think you've performed due diligence. When your computer
unexpectedly shut down, do you know which program informed you about
the "unauthorized shutdown?" Was it a general Windows message that
came up upon restarting, or was it generated by Security Essentials?
If you still feel uncertain about the security of your system, you can
run a complete scan using security essentials. The default scan is a
quick scan. To do this, open security essentials from the start menu
or from within the system tray. Once the program has focus, use tab to
locate a set of radio buttons which will offer you the choices of
quick, complete, and custom. Use up/down arrow to locate complete,
then tab to and select the scan button. Let us know how you fare, or
if we can help further.

Scott