Re: X5D - G4?

  • From: "Q. Barrie" <qube@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 18:43:59 -0500

Hello Nathan;

According to the manual (which might be out of date for supercomps like the
G4) you can connect the X5D to a Mac using the optional AG-002 cable. ($25
in music stores up here in Canada.)
(I've heard that this cable is no more than a mini-din Mac printer cable.)
~~~~~~~~~~
As for the Mac X5D editor and PCIF drivers, you can download them  here:
http://www.korg.co.uk/downloads/x505dl.htm

I'm sure you can also get them (and a whole world of X5D info) at Korgy
Park - the mothership for all X5D Korgies:
http://cc.joensuu.fi/~jsimonen/korgypark.html
As I mentioned in a previous listing, I have a spare X5D manual  (in
French) that I'm trying to give away before I have to chuck it out.  Even
though it's in french, you can still make sense of about 50% of it because
of all the graphics.
Might be better than nothing, until Korg comes out with the PDF version.
E-mail me if you want it.

Q. Barrie
qube@xxxxxxxxxxx