X5D - G4?

  • From: Nathan <nateorion@xxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 14:51:29 -0800

Hello everyone,

I just got an X5D without a manual (of course ;-P) about a week ago, so I'm
kindof a newbie. Anyway, I own a Macintosh G4 and I want to plug the X5D into
it using the "TO HOST PC" port. The problem is that the G4 has USB and pci
but no Serial ports. I was wondering if anyone else uses a USB Mac and could
give me some advice on what kind of USB - Serial converter or card I should
get. I've heard that some converters will not work for this kind of
application, so if someone can tell me which ones do work that would really
be great.

Thanks in advance!
-Nathan