[korgypark] Re: Help after hours of frustration

  • From: "Thomas Anderssen" <thomas.anderssen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 07:38:53 +0200

Hi Paul.

There is something about playing combi mode in the manual, but I do
not quite remember... Usually you do use only the Multi mode to play
from a sequencer. Playing Prog sounds works in Multi, just select the
appropriate bank (A or G) and sound on the desired channel...

A Combi sound is generally made up of some different instruments
selected on different channels playing at the same time when you
press the synth keys. Well, if you send the notes from Cakewalk to
the synth om the channel defined as Global, then I think it would
play all the sound simultaneously.

Another way I can think of is to assign the Midi channels 1...8 on
the synt to get the input form channel 1 for example. This can be
done in the Korg Global mode display on some page (which I of course
do not remember).... But you have to study the manual, since these
are only some clues I have... Haven't relly tried this.

A third way would be selecing the desired Combi sound, then switch to
Multi mode and send the same notes on all channels 1...8, i.e.
copying the melody to tracks 1...8 on the seq and then play them.

Cheers, Thomas

On 18 Jan 2002 at 23:06, Paul Cox wrote:

> I have searched everywhere but could not get a step by step (even from
> Korg) that made sense:  How to play the combi sounds or prog sounds into
> my Cakewalk or Logic.  I have all the tools, but I cannot configure it
> all so I can play the wicked sounds onto my sequencer.  And at this
> point, I know it has got be something simple, but I have had a helluva
> time and with no luck.  I can play everything fine but just not the
> "dual" or Combi sounds.
>
> HOW DO YOU GET 8 channels through on one track?  I have every program
> under the sun for this, but cannot figure it out.  I admit defeat.
> Help!
>
> You will enlighten the entire Chicago reggae community if you can help
> us with this.
>
> Thx

Thomas Anderssen
Jakobstad Energy Utility (www.jpenergy.net)