[JA] Re: Subject: Free AVG 8 ...was Re: Free Antiviral News

  • From: "thepccat@xxxxxxxx" <thepccat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:41:20 GMT

Thanks for the good ideas, Larry. thepccat

-- Larry Cook <lcook@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
thepccat@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> The thing which got me aggravated about Avast! was its habit of someho=
w =3D
> pawing through "My Documents" folder every time I come to startup scre=
en=3D

Not sure why it would do that, unless some application is opening the =

documents.  Maybe the Recent Files list opens the files to make sure =

they are still there.

> , and finding various false positives

Have you reported these false positives to Avast!?  [...]  I was very im=
pressed with their response time.

Larry