[JA] Re: Subject: Free AVG 8 ...was Re: Free Antiviral News

  • From: Larry Cook <lcook@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:30:20 -0400

thepccat@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> The thing which got me aggravated about Avast! was its habit of somehow =
> pawing through "My Documents" folder every time I come to startup screen=

Not sure why it would do that, unless some application is opening the
documents.  Maybe the Recent Files list opens the files to make sure
they are still there.

> , and finding various false positives

Have you reported these false positives to Avast!?  I had one false
positive on an EXE or DLL (don't remember which).  I went back to the
original installation CD thinking the file got infected, but the
original still was detected as having a virus.  I emailed Avast!,
sending them the file, and they emailed back in 3 hours saying to
download the latest virus definitions, they had the false positive
fixed.  I was very impressed with their response time.

Larry