[JA] Re: Juno problems?

  • From: Robin Roe <roro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 04:19:53 -0700 (MST)

carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx wrote:

>I've written a couple of times and now seem to have a - I hope -
>usable address at Juno:

LOL.. Carolyn, I can tell you just by looking at it that that
address leads to nothing but the electronic circular file.

A little background: In both DOS and Unix (including Linux), there
is a special software "device" called "Null". This pseudo-device
accepts data and does nothing, outputs nothing. Just think of it as
your friendly electronic Roach Motel ("Data checks in but they don't
check out"), or as a black hole for data.

So by the looks of it, that email address is set up to route email
sent to it right past the ol' event horizon. And, you have to admit
that it does fit right in with Juno's standard modus operandi of
being damned hard to contact. :-/

==ROBIN==