[JA] Does v.1.49 lose messages?

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:52:23 PDT

}Subject: [JA] Does v.1.49 lose messages?
}From: David Ames
}Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 06:38:43 EDT
}
}I belong to a math help list and occasionally note a list message
}responding to an original that I never got.  I thought, fine, it doesn't
}kill me, and maybe it wasn't sent to me anyway.
}
}But yesterday my wife was talking to a prospective employer who
mentioned
}having sent an e-mail which she never got.  Perhaps she could be
}mistaken, as she keeps four very active accounts.  But now I have
grounds
}to suspect the Juno service may be at fault.
}
}Any comments?
}
}David Ames
}

        If the total message+headers size is over 64KB (65,536 Bytes),
then juno 1.49 will not download it.  (It sticks on the juno servers
until it gets REAL old (how old, we do not know) or removed another way.
(access it via web-mail))

        If the BODY (only) is over 60KB (61,440 Bytes), it may stick on
the server, or it may come down and get truncated.  I think there is some
size that is NEAR 60KB that tells the difference.

        THIS IS FOR JUNO 1.xx ONLY!
--
| Computerist.    KG6HNO  This user is located in California.  It is a
violation of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this
user.
---