[JA] Re: Does v.1.49 lose messages?

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:34:50 -0600 (MDT)

The Entity currently known as thepccat@xxxxxxxx emitted:

>funny you should mention, i got one too, my first <proud> unfortunately,
>prior committements prevent my replying, writing a check, or purchasing a
>ticket to visit him ;-(.
>On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:42:41 EDT carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx writes:

[...]

>> P.S. The Nigerian letter is still around. Just received another copy
>> though this one is a bit different.

While it's generally not a good idea to ever respond to spam, there
are a few souls out there who HAVE replied to the Nigerian spammers
from a throwaway address, just to scam _THEM_. One guy even once got
the scammer to come to the US (and get immediately arrested)..

Over the summer, in a usenet newsgroup, a guy from Mississippi
pulled a hilarious fast one on a Nigerian scammer with some good
old-fashioned redneck humor. :)

In fact, there is a small but growing cottage industry of yanking
the Nigerians' chain right back at them, scam the scammer et al.

-=Brian=-
rm -rf /bin/laden