[JA] Re: Blank Messages and other problems

  • From: terumoth@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 20:01:44 -0400

I used to be on several lists. Just couldnt keep up with it all. Most of
my time now since I can no longer do the web is spent in my online bible
and sending off to Binky.
Takes longer, but is fun really.
I imagine if I was still going online and using OE I would by now have
been blasted good.

laz

**********************************

Co-incidence I suspect. I've been receiving quite a few "bad"
(virus/worm) messages lately.

However, most of the lists I'm on overlap considerably - several Basenji
lists, several canine genetics lists, several Thoroughbred lists, a
training list (mostly dogs), and this one. Each "group" has lots of
people on more than one in the group. Quite a few Basenji people on the
genetics lists. A genetics list person directed me to the Thoroughbred
lists. One Basenji person on the training list, and at least one Basenji
person here (my referral, in fact).

The virus/worm of the last few days seems to have "come from" one of the
Basenji lists. That means all the Basenji lists could be affected, spread
to the genetics lists, and (if I were running something later than 1.49)
to the others I mentioned. I can see something like this spreading .very.
rapidly through people who have "live" connections and see mail almost as
fast as it comes in. Batching, as I do and as many here probably do,
should slow it down even if infection occurs.