[jhb] Re: PCI Breaking News

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 17:03:03 +0100

My intention was not to attract pilots who are new to FS but experienced
pilots who have not stepped in to the online ATC world before.

Newcomers to FS have enough work to do trying to learn to fly an aircraft so
adding ATC to the learning curve only adds to the pressure. There is also a
conflict of interest because if ATC ask a pilot to do something and they
don't know how then you haven't got the time to explain things on a busy
radio. In real life the instructor would just take over and fly the aircraft
- get the task done and only then explain to the trainee what was required.
That keeps traffic flowing as well as showing the student what it was all
about. In PCI we can't take over someone's aircraft and so things grind to a
halt - or get a bit messy.

I'm not discounting new FS pilots altogether but do not see them as the main
target for recruitment.