[jhb] Re: Glassonby Airfield

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 19:01:12 -0000

Slazenger operated from Powerscourt in the 1970's and was a frequent visitor
to the island in those days. I can't recall what he flew but I think it was
a sporty type like the Laverda Falco F8L or a Siai Marchetti SF260. By 1993
the airfield had shut so I am puzzled why it still gets mentioned.

It's the same with quite a few other airfields so I really need to check
whether they still exist or not. My suspicions are that quite a few on my
list are no more.

http://woodair.net