[jhb] Glassonby Airfield

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB Restricted <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 15:15:32 +0100

This month's copy of Flyer has an article on flying in the Lake District. It covers not only Cark, Carlisle and Kirkbride but also one of that's new to me; Glassonby Airfield. I set out to do it as a farm strip but when I eventually located its co-ordinates it was to find there's already an airstrip there!

So, if anyone has the Northern Version of the UK VFR Airfields, you already have access to Glassonbury. Which frees me up to look at a couple of farms in the Ireland photoscenery area.