[jhb] Re: Faroes

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 04:38:20 EDT

In a message dated 01/09/2007 09:15:00 GMT Daylight Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx
writes:

Frank,
Yes, it's straightforward. Used to be you needed a dual head  card but
the advent of DGI means you can plug the second monitor into the
analogue outlet. Monitors usually come with a plug in adaptor.

I've  no knowledge of Vista but it must be able to handle extras in the
same  way. XP can handle four screens. That means the those of us using
the  Triple Head2Go can use even more; if we can disguise the expense!

Often  the show stopper is just where you can physically locate a second
screen.  I've removed the second from its mount and it leans against the
little  platfoem I made, on which the View monitors sit.

Gerry  Winskill

Thanks Gerry, I have a spare CRT monitor, I will experiment with that. I've
cleared a space for it.

Frank T.