[jhb] Re: Faroes

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 09:14:37 +0100

Frank,
Yes, it's straightforward. Used to be you needed a dual head card but the advent of DGI means you can plug the second monitor into the analogue outlet. Monitors usually come with a plug in adaptor.

I've no knowledge of Vista but it must be able to handle extras in the same way. XP can handle four screens. That means the those of us using the Triple Head2Go can use even more; if we can disguise the expense!

Often the show stopper is just where you can physically locate a second screen. I've removed the second from its mount and it leans against the little platfoem I made, on which the View monitors sit.

Gerry Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 01/09/2007 07:04:17 GMT Daylight Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx writes:

    With the prices of older and smaller flat screens plummeting, a
    second
monitor is a well worth while buy.
Gerry,
I have an 8800GTX graphics card with 2 outputs. At the moment I just have my one 22" monitor plugged into it, so can I buy a cheap say 17" monitor, plug it into the other output, and have the panel plus IVAO window on the new screen? I'm running Vista and I think I have some sort of utility that came with the graphics card but I haven't played with it. Frank T.