Re: sleep mode and Jaws 11

  • From: "Bill White" <billwhite92701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 10:24:26 -0700

MessageThey haven't done away with Sleep Mode under options/advanced settings.
If you use this method, JAWS will be put to sleep any time the configuration
file for that application is loaded.  Using the Insert, Space Bar, S method
won't work in all circumstances, because any time you go to another window and
it focuses on another application with a different configuration file, JAWS
will temporarily wake up again.  Using the real Sleep Mode will put JAWS to
sleep until that configuration file is unloaded.
Bill White billwhite92701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx