RE: jaws/new computer

  • From: Bill <bill.cam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:49:15 -0500

about dels dipping in service, well in part thats the byproduct of selling
400 dollar boxes.

when you start making cheaper systems you get 2 things, more computers that
break and less sophisticated people buying them.

people that are less sophisticated often needmore help on tech support lines.
are more apt to screw up software.

by the way p c world reports also show a downward trend, still del is at
the top.

no longer an A rateing though.

by the way i would never buy a del my self, no all home built.

but recommended one to my sister.

why, because i new she would never open it up or upgrade it and wanted a
decent warrantee.
nor would she want to swap the mother board in 4 years like i like to.

so it suited her needs.

also i did not let her buy a bottom line model because thats not going to
be reliable.

also consider how us blind folks use them, we use them all the time, some
folks switch their p c on once a week.

if your  a person that only ocasionally uses the p c then the 400 box may
hold up for you.

bill