Re: jaws and adobe reader problem need help

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <Dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "org, jfw@freelists. " <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 20:07:21 +0100

 the trouble is that large bodies do not understand why jaws cannot see a tif
file, and many I know are very upset and say they cannot afford expensive
equipment, I am lucky since I aalways knew that some material I had to scan,i.e
faded carbon copies needed something really good.  However I did once get a man
from my local council up to my house to show him exactly why Jaws cannot read a
photo of print . IIt was a waste of time, he kept tapping on the screen
saying"look the print is there it must be your dodgey softwear that Jaws thing,
I did it more for others but pdf files are here to stay and I would say get the
best you can buy, incidentally the last  update of my OCR had to have 64 bit,
that applies to both Kirzweil and open book since windows7.     I am not sure
about omnipage however   but if it has 2 versions there must be one that does
things the other cannot I assume dorothy