Re: information bubbles and jaws?

  • From: Michael Arnowitt <foodsong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 15:06:29 -0400

I can see a tiny amount - I think there might be two different types of informational messages that pop up on you. One type pops up with a short message and says click here but the bubble is only there for a short number of seconds and I rarely act in time. The other type is something a little bit like a dialog box but not exactly - there is some paragraphs of text in the main part of the rectangle and things like OK, etc. in the upper right and lower right portions for actions you would take. There isn't necessarily though a close-out X in the upper right corner so it's not a classic window and alt + F4 doesn't get rid of the thing, I try to get the focus back to what I was working on but am not sure if the pop-up went away or not. With this second sort of message there is no time limit, the window will stay there. Sometimes Jaws reads the text well, sometimes in my experience it only reads the OK etc. buttons and you can tab around to hear them, but to get the rest of the explanatory text read doesn't always happen for me. Sometimes Insert + num pad 8 will repeat this text if it was read and I didn't understand it the first time. I've never tried insert + 8 on one of the bubbles that disappears in 15 seconds on its own.

I agree, we're usually not missing much by not being able to read these bubbles.

Michael

Alternative archives located at: