Re: free antivirus and Jaws 9

  • From: "Gerald Levy" <bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:05:00 -0400

Message
Hi Smart.

You should set quick scan as your default mode.  A quick scan takes about 5
minutes and scans only those folders and files where malware is most likely to
hide.  You should run a full scan periodically, maybe once a month or so.  A
full scan typically takes more than an hour and scans every folder and file on
your PC.  Pressing the radio buttons has no effect.  To navigate to the Update,
History, Settings and Help tabs, focus on the Home radio button and use the
right arrow key.  When focusing on a particular tab, use the tab key to
navigate through the various options and use the JAWS cursor to read additional
information on the page.  There is no user guide or manual for MSE, but the
following web site provides a pretty comprehensive overview.  HTH.

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/09/first-look-microsoft-security-essentials-impresses.ars

Gerald