RE: Website Access Blocked and We Don't Know Why

  • From: Sherrie Gosling <sillygoose4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 08:25:25 -0500

I just had a similar problem and was going to write just to warn others. My access got so bad that 99% of the time when I tried to click on a link it would make a kind of bonk sound and not open the link. After changing Internet providers it still did it. I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with a very helpful Jaws tech from FS and he finally figured out that the Yahoo tool bar had gotten installed without my knowledge and this was the culprit. When we uninstalled it I could access all websites as normal. Just a thought and a warning for others that the Yahoo tool bar is not compatible with jaws. I am using 7.0 and XP home.

Sherrie
At 01:02 PM 10/6/2006, you wrote:
Aloha Milton:

I thought about the security level thing, also, that perhaps the Java VM
stuff isn't turned on.  We'll take a look at those.

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)