Website Access Blocked and We Don't Know Why

  • From: "Ray Campbell" <ray.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:27:35 -0500

Hi All:

I'm helping someone access a website with a guest book on it for a
funeral home as he wants to sign the guest book for someone.  This
person's brother said something about a default program blocking access
to the guest book portion of the page.  He had a dialog popping up that
said that google was his default search engine and that it was blocking
another program from becoming the default search engine.  He and I
uninstalled the google tool bar for Internet Explorer and he still
cannot access the guest book.  I should say that when he presses enter
on the link to the guest book, there is a "pop" sound, kind of like the
sound you hear when Windows tells you that new updates are ready for
your computer.

One thing that might play in, he has Ad Aware SE Personal installed, but
I don't know how often he runs it.  So, I don't know if he's got spy
ware or something blocking his access.  I think I'll have him run Ad
Aware as well.

Thanks,

Ray Campbell, Help Desk Technician
Adaptive Technology Center
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
1850 W. Roosevelt Road
Chicago, IL  60608
312-997-3651 (Voice/Relay) or
888-825-0080 (voice/Relay)