RE: Silent Laptop

  • From: "Larry Stansifer" <larrys@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:59:49 -0700

Thanks for all your suggestions guys, the laptop is no longer silent.
One thing that I learned with respect to my Dell inspiron running windows
XP-pro is that the function key located right of the left-hand control key
when pressed in conjunction with the end key will either mute or enable all
sound including jaws.
That same function key when pressed in conjunction with the page-up and
page-down will raise and lower the volume accordingly.
Our IT guy at work sorted it out for me this morning and put me on to the
keystrokes.